Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What I'm Watching

As a new mom, my evenings are significantly simpler than before I had children. Give me a glass of wine on the couch and a good show to watch and I'm set...for a few hours at least, until the kids wake up for a feeding.

So here's my current list of must-watch shows:

1. Boardwalk Empire. If you liked The Sopranos, you'll love this one. I can't get enough of the history in this show either. The Prohibition Era was certainly an interesting time in American history.

2. True Detective. Matthew McConaughey is on fire these days! Most times I see him on the screen, I'm 100% aware that I'm seeing the actor play a character. Not the case with this show. He becomes the character. It's an amazing sight to behold.

3. Downton Abbey. Between the talented cast of relatively unknown actors, the soap opera-like storylines, the beautiful English countryside, and the fabulous British accents, I'm hooked.

4. Game of Thrones. It has all the sword fights, dragons, and damsels in distress that one could hope for in a sci-fi show.

5. Modern Family. I don't necessarily agree with some of the content, but I have to give it props for the way it can make me laugh. It's the only show besides Arrested Development where I find myself literally laughing out loud at the TV. If you love the kind of humor that's derived from awkward situations and fast-paced, witty dialogue, don't miss this one.

6. Mad Men. The clothes, the clothes, THE CLOTHES! Hello, Joan Holloway! Curves and cocktails abound in this show which often leaves me feeling like I was born in the wrong decade.

7. House of Cards. Political discussions usually lead to heated debates in my family, which is why I'm not usually a fan of anything even remotely related to politics. However, there is something about Kevin Spacey playing a southern politician that is undeniably entertaining. I can't take my eyes off of him!

And that's it! If you have favorite shows that didn't make the list, please throw out your suggestions. I've got to keep this list going or else I'll be forced to do something productive at night instead, like *gasp*, read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment