Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Shoe Signage

Little Mud Pies has this cute DIY project for anyone out there with a no-shoes policy in their household.  Since we have hardwood floors, dirt and other icky substances show up fairly quickly when we allow ourselves to wear shoes around.  As the season progresses, we'll be spending more and more time inside and likely entertaining more often. (One cool benefit of living in a city with rough fall and winter seasons is that people stay inside and socialize much more!)  So I can see how having a sign up like this will come in handy.  I love the personal touch that can be added by using your own shoes as the focal point.


What you'll need:
  • Modge Podge
  • Ribbon
  • Paint or decorative paper for covering your frame
  • A picture frame
  • A photo
This project seems self-explanatory, but if you're a stickler for following directions, a quick set of instructions can be found here

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a blog post I responded to recently about "no shoes allowed" homes. I found out I was in the vast minority of responders of not wanting to be told to take my shoes off before I come in a home. After lots of comments, it seemed that maybe it was more of a regional thing. It was quite interesting. Your sign is very cute though...it might disarm me enough to not be huffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Miss Kitty! I do think it's a regional thing, possibly also a cultural thing. For type A personalities, it's a convenient excuse to maintain cleanliness under the guise of a cute art project. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for sharing!!
    Littlemudpies@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete