Monday, September 26, 2011

Easy Halloween Mask

I spent a lot of time over the weekend working on various Halloween crafts.  I actually think I went a little overboard.  As tidy as I tried to be, I'm still finding bits of glitter and glue everywhere!  It's all in good fun though so I don't mind. The floors and countertops will just have a little extra sparkle in them for a while.

So where I work, people don't tend to dress up for Halloween. Since I love the holiday so much, I thought it would be fun to come up with a way to acknowledge it without being too distracting for others.  The end result was this sparkly, festive Halloween mask. Yes, I'm going to wear it to work! :)





Here's what you'll need from the craft store if you want to create a fun Halloween mask like this:
  • Paper mask 
  • Glue
  • Glitter
  • Paint or markers
  • Halloween stickers
  • Package of feathers
  • Ribbon
  • Stapler
  • Scissors
Step 1:  Paint the mask or color it with markers.  
Step 2:  Create a pattern of your choice using the glue; coat the glue with glitter
Step 3:  Once the paint and glitter has dried, glue the feathers on the sides (or anywhere you'd like)
Step 4:  Arrange stickers - in my example, I've cut a cobweb sticker in half and used it as forehead embellishment
Step 5:  Cut your ribbon into two equal halves (10 inches each should do) and staple each piece to the side of the mask
Step 6:  Wear your mask and enjoy!

I've shared this DIY project on:

http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/
http://becolorful.typepad.com/

2 comments:

  1. I loved this and I would love to try and make on for a statue I have in my home that I like to decorate for all the holidays. Great touch of bling that made me smile. Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at beColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing people do their very own fabulous Masks makes me wonder why I wasn't blessed with such a talent. :-(

    ReplyDelete