Wednesday, August 3, 2011

JELL-O Mold Competition

If you've never heard of The JELL-O Mold Competition, you don't know what you're missing! (Admittedly, I only recently discovered the event myself so I didn't know what I was missing either.)

The NYC-based competition has been around since 2009.  It's goal is to gather together top-notch creative talent to help prove the point that "food is the universal language of design." And what better medium to use than JELL-O, a favorite among cafeteria lunch lines and senior citizen picnics alike?

Here's this year's grand prize winner, Jelly Fishin'.


But the coolest use of JELL-O, in my opinion, is the JelTone.  It's a fully functional piano made almost entirely from tiny molded JELL-O squares.  Listen to the sweet, soothing melodies it puts out. So cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment