Friday, August 5, 2011

Celebratory Sangria

The big news this week is that I got a new job!  I'm going to be managing the marketing programs for a start-up company here in the Seattle area and I couldn't be happier about it.  I just found out that I start on Monday so thankfully, I still have some time to mentally prepare myself for the demands of the job.

So far my mental preparations have included making a pitcher of my secret sangria (recipe below) and buying myself a nice bouquet of flowers.  Things are looking up! ;)




Shelbey's Not-So-Secret Sangria Recipe:
  • 1 lime, rind removed and sliced in quartered circles
  • 1 lemon, rind removed and sliced in quartered circles
  • 1 orange, rind removed and sliced in quartered circles
  • 1 plum, sliced in cubes 
  • 1 apple, sliced in cubes
  • 6 strawberries, sliced in quarters
  • 1 1/2 cups of Mt. Gay rum
  • 1 cup of orange juice 
  • 1 bottle of red wine
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar (can also use Sugar in the Raw)
1) Mix the sugar, fruit and rum together in a pitcher.  Put into the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
2) Add the wine when ready to serve
3) Pour a glass and enjoy! Be sure to scoop the fruit into your glass for added texture and taste.  Serves 6   people.

*For a less alcoholic mix, replace the rum with juice.

I've shared this on:

http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. nice - if I didn't know that you'd moved to seattle I'd think that was your patio in LA!

    ReplyDelete